We are committed to offering a range of opportunities to new drivers across the country. We believe the key to the success of training new drivers is a model we’ve developed in partnership with local colleges. New drivers benefit from training delivered by our own trainers, using our own facilities and our own training vehicles.
Our aim is to ensure apprentice drivers are trained to the highest standards, so they drive in a safe and fuel-efficient manner at all times, deliver customers’ products safely, at the right time and location, with the correct documentation – all in a professional manner.
The training plan has been designed to deliver a competent LGV driver twelve weeks from the start of the apprenticeship. It includes licence acquisition, initial DCPC, competency in driving unaccompanied, health and safety, load security, manual handling, route planning and customer care.
The training ensures that apprentices have the ability to communicate professionally with a variety of people, not just customers, in a manner that reflects the highest standards of service and encourages repeat business. It also helps them develop the skills to deal with challenging situations professionally and calmly.
The training covers a range of classroom and practical training modules and 1:1 driving training.
The apprenticeship includes licence acquisition.
- The apprenticeship programme lasts 13 months.
- It includes evaluation of skills and knowledge to ensure trainees pass their end point assessment to achieve their Level 2 LGV qualification
- Candidates must be 18+, have a valid full UK driver’s licence, have a provisional LGV licence and meet our minimum criteria. We look forward to welcoming you as part of our team.
We offer a number of apprenticeships in addition to driving which include:
- Business & Admin Level 2 & 3
- Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Level 2 & 3
- Warehouse Operative Level 2
- Finance Apprenticeship Level 3
- Leadership and Management Level 3 & 5